This post is by Jeff Carter from Points and Figures
When Twitter ($TWTR) deleted President Trump’s account, it set off a chain reaction. It also should have woken everyone in America up to the power that Big Tech has. Big Tech is more powerful than Congress by far. To be clear, this is not about Trump or whether you like or hate Trump. What is going on today has far bigger implications.
As a person that has been angel investing and interfacing with Big Tech people since 2007, I think I have a pretty good understanding of how they think and more importantly, what they think of you. They hate your guts. You are a pawn to be exploited in order to put money in their pocket. They do not care about you despite their public proclamations. They are some of the phoniest people in the world.
It is a known fact that free markets and millions of people making individual decisions have more impact than anything else. Free markets are messy. It is possible to build an entire tech ecosystem that caters to conservatives, but it takes a lot of time and money. In the short run, conservatives can take action and have an outsize influence. Twitter stock is down 16% since banning Trump. Twitter has banned a lot of other accounts since.
The stakes are high and the ramifications are significant because members of Congress enabled and encouraged Big Tech. It’s doubly true when a PRAVDA like Big Media complex locks arms with the leftists in government and Big Tech to spread falsehoods or just not report the actual news. For the youngsters out there, PRAVDA was the media mouthpiece of the old Soviet Union. It would be like Chinese media today. They only report what the Communists want them to report.
The current environment can make conservatives and freedom-loving people lose hope as if there is nothing they can do. But they are wrong. You can take action and you can win against some Big Tech companies. For others, you can give them a pretty good body blow.
Let’s look at Fascist Jack’s company Twitter.
I took a look at Ycharts. Twitter’s profit margin is only 3%. They are vulnerable.
Big Tech companies thrive on network effects. But, network effects can be broken. One of the reasons Big Tech and Big Government had to move on Parler was that it was a viable competitor and it was taking away the network effects that Twitter supposedly had. Parler exposed Twitter. Leftists could not tolerate it. Twitter had no network effects like Facebook and Google.
As I said before, Conservatives need to realize that they are in a fight for their lives and their livelihoods. In the New Jim Crow, left-wing Democrats are firing them right and left. They must take the fight to the enemy and the enemy is people like Fascist Jack and most of his employees.
Let’s concentrate on one company that hates you at a time. Win the small battles, win the war. Use free markets to your advantage. Free markets and bankruptcy or missed earnings will bring discipline far faster than a stupid Congressional committee.
Here is the battle plan.
- Every freedom-loving person in the world has to delete their Twitter account. Just do it. I did. There are competing platforms. Gab.com, NottheBee.com, Codias.com, and hopefully Parler will make a comeback. FWIW I tried MeWe and it’s super buggy. I don’t recommend that one. I don’t have an investment in any of these.
- Ignore every statement or apology from anyone in Big Tech. They hate your guts and they are just playing you. Don’t fall for it like Charlie Brown does with Lucy and the football. They fired the first shot. We will fire the last. There is no reconciliation, there is only unconditional victory.
- Conservative bloggers and Conservative publications have to delete their “Share on Twitter/Facebook” buttons. Make it hard to share. We are the product and they monetize us. Without conservatives generating content for them, it hurts their bottom line. Do not support the enemy. Remember, they hate your guts and they want to deplatform your publication anyway.
- ALL Republican politicians at every level of government and their staff should delete Twitter. You are the leaders, lead.
- Conservative bloggers and publications should not link to Twitter, or quote directly from Twitter/FB. Don’t post a tweet from AOC or any other schmuck on the other side. All it does is inflame people and provide dopamine hits. If you must quote the idiots who hate you on the other side, just lift it, and put it in quotes with no link. No need to prove they are crazy by linking, we already know that. Plus, when you quote them you give them credibility and a platform. Ignoring them is more powerful because no one likes to be ignored.
- Get rid of any browser made by Big Tech. Brave.com is the one I have been using.
- If you can change your email. Get off Google mail or Apple mail and go to ProtonMail.com or some other private secure mail service. That’s an easy switch. The tougher switches come later. I will blog about them as I figure them out, or someone else figures it out. For now, deleting email is just a shot across the bow. I have used Apple mail for years and years and I am in the process of switching my Apple mail to Proton email. I can’t do it for my business. But, small actions by everyone make a difference.
Turning Twitter into a left-wing echo chamber will kill it. They will go from a 3% profit margin to a loser. Losing millions and millions of users, even if you don’t tweet and are just there to “watch” will hurt Twitter in the eyes of Wall Street analysts. Twitter will engage in accounting hocus pocus to try and cover it all up but they cannot do it for very long. In the end, all the numbers will come out in the wash and Wall Street will downgrade the stock.
Looking at a chart, Twitter is right around $45 per share. It can easily dip to $20 per share. Once momentum takes over, you never know where it can go. They could be out of business by the end of 2022 if conservatives work together to make it happen. Wouldn’t that be nice?
Just remember, every time you tweet or visit Twitter, you are sticking the knife and twisting it in your fellow conservatives back. You are helping the people that want to destroy capitalism and free markets. You are assisting them in destroying free speech and competition.