Associate – .406 Ventures
This post is by Jennifer Zemel from National Venture Capital Association – NVCA
We are .406 Ventures, a Boston-based venture capital partnership that focuses on early-stage investing in three enterprise-focused verticals: healthcare, data & cloud, and cybersecurity. We are passionate about finding and supporting the world’s best founders as they build game-changing companies that solve critical challenges in our focus areas.
You are a self-starter with a strong work ethic who is passionate about investing in and supporting early-stage companies. You’re intellectually curious with previous experience in one or more of our verticals. You’re a team player who is also comfortable working with others, but also taking ownership over critical workstreams, and you hold yourself to the highest personal and professional standards. You’re able to work in-person in our Boston office, and you have:
- Experience analyzing businesses for investment, ideally including previous work history in venture capital/private equity, investment banking, and/or corporate development.
- Excellent organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Comfort with a data-driven approach to problem solving.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do. As an Associate, you will be a critical member of the .406 investment team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Market research and thesis development: research and identify enterprise customer needs and market discontinuities that signal opportunities for start-up innovation; find and engage startups addressing those needs, and occasionally work with .406 team to create a de novo
- Due diligence: build financial models, size market opportunities, analyze competitive landscapes, and make reference calls. You will also craft investment memoranda and presentation materials to (Read more...)