[Seedcamp Firsts] How to set up customer support and operations as an early-stage startup
In our latest edition of Seedcamp Firsts, our Head of Brand and Network, Natasha Lytton, speaks with one of our fantastic mentors, Rona Ruthen, about setting up customer support and operations in early-stage startups.
Rona is one of the best possible people to learn from on this topic following her experience scaling Fintech unicorn Monzo among other well-known startups, including Seedcamp portfolio company Curve.
“Exceptional customer service or customer experience in an early-stage startup should provide the customer with a feeling that whatever they need is either embedded in the product itself or is easily accessible to them.”
If you’re short on time, we’ve pulled some key learnings for you below, but we strongly recommend you listen to the full conversation to learn how to first set up customer operations in your company.
5 Key Takeaways:
- Setting up customer operations is a strategic decision that every company needs to make and something to revisit at a different point in time.
- You can start a company and not optimise for customer operations or customer support, or customer experience. The first stage is actually deciding if it’s critical for you.
- Customer experience is critical for every product that we use and care about.
- The bottom line isn’t Support. The bottom line is customers are trying out your product. You want them to engage with it and to make that whole experience easy, end to end.
- As you start scaling customer support, you need more consistency and standardisation in (Read more...)