Doing Good Can Make You Money with Tensie Whelan, Director of NYU Stern Center for Sustainable…
Doing Good Can Make You Money with Tensie Whelan, Director of NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business
On this week’s guest episode I chat with Tensie Whelan, a Clinical Professor of Business and Society and the Director of NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business.
Many people think that sustainability and profits don’t align, but Tensie takes us through how they can by connecting the financial sustainability of a business to the social and environmental sustainability of a business’s core focus. She believes companies should make money by doing better.
She also runs through the flaws of the broader ESG framework, suggesting ways to improve it.
Before she built the Center for Sustainable Business at NYU Stern, Tensie ran the Rainforest Alliance — a multinational non-profit designed to help conserve rainforests. We dive into that issue and touch on ways to tackle it as well.
These are some fascinating and important topics that I think every entrepreneur should think about. I hope you enjoy it.
Listen via your preferred platform here.
- Follow us on Twitter: @TensieWhelan, @NYUSternCSB, @mpd
- Guest Links: NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business, Rainforest Alliance,
- Articles by Tensie:
- ESG Reports Aren’t a Replacement for Real Sustainability
- How to Talk to Your CFO About Sustainability
- Sustainable Market Share Index from NYU Stern Center for Sustainable Business
- Podcast Links: Website, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn
Doing Good Can Make You Money with Tensie Whelan, Director of NYU Stern Center for Sustainable… was originally published in @MPD on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.