The (Communications Manager) will play a critical role on the General Catalyst Marketing team, elevating the firm’s brand and increasing awareness of portfolio companies through creative and timely execution of funding announcements. You will collaborate with founders and their teams on everything from funding announcements to media training and at key moments delivering and imparting best-in-class communications practices.
The Communications Manager will report to the VP of Brand and Communications. In this position, the person will play an active role in executing PR activities aligned with our key investment sectors including enterprise, consumer and health technology.
Strategic Priorities and Responsibilities:
- Execute a robust cadence of funding announcements, optimizing news cycles. Working closely with the VP of Content & Engagement to secure and manage production of editorial content that includes GC thought leadership > to enhance brand awareness of GC and portfolio companies.
- Set direction on pitch strategy and outreach while managing GC investing team involvement.
- Leverage and build strong relationships with high profile VC and business media outlets.
- Work closely with our PR agencies to build GC’s profile through its portfolio companies.
- Through portfolio company communications initiatives, generate greater association around GC’s point of view and points of difference in the marketplace – to drive greater share of deal flow and LP investment.
- Continue to innovate and oversee the portfolio comms process to ensure we can handle the increased volume of announcements without sacrificing caliber or depth of story.
The ideal candidate will have experience and (Read more…)