Fintech VP – Citi Ventures
Citi Ventures (“CV”) focuses on identifying and investing in entrepreneurs who will help define the future of financial services. CV seeks to invest in distinctive fintech startups and to be a value-added investor by identifying opportunities for the startup to engage with Citi and/or Citi’s clients which may help the startup refine its products and roadmaps and/or enter into commercial relationships. Through its engagement with distinctive startups, CV seeks to help Citi and its clients to stay at the cutting edge of innovation as well as to generate outsized returns.
The CV team is seeking a highly motivated individual to (a) develop investment theses, (b) source and execute investments in distinctive fintech startups, (c) monitor and support portfolio companies, and (d) drive commercializations. The role is in San Francisco.
Position Scope & Responsibilities:
(a) Develop investment theses
- Develop investment theses leveraging internal and external signals: (i) engage with Citi colleagues and clients to understand their strategic priorities and roadmaps; (ii) conduct market research on emerging industry trends, deal flow, and specific startups; (iii) network with VCs and startup founders; (iv) organize and attend venture capital and startup ecosystem events
- Prepare presentations on relevant industry trends and organize domain sessions and startup workshops for Citi colleagues and clients
(b) Source and execute investments in distinctive fintech startups
- Source, screen, and track dealflow proactively (research-based targeted outreach) and reactively (intros from the candidate’s, CV’s and Citi’s networks)
- Conduct due diligence on potential investments in collaboration with deal leads
- Create investment decks, models, (Read more...)