286. Embedded Finance, Community-based Fintech, the Demise of Legacy Institutions, and Driving Returns with a Diversity Investment Mandate (Amy Nauiokas)
This post is by Nick Moran from The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
Amy Nauiokas of Anthemis Group joins Nick to discuss Embedded Finance, Community-based Fintech, the Demise of Legacy Institutions, and Driving Returns with a Diversity Investment Mandate. In this episode, we cover:
- Tell us a bit about your background and your path to venture.
- Anthemis. What is it? Tell us a bit about the thesis and what you guys do?
- So where do you find yourself spending most of your time?
- Amy can you give us a quick primer on the difference between FinTech and tech fin?
- What is your quick take on regulation? Are there still major obstacles that need to be overcome?
- We've seen large tech in some ways abuse opportunity before in FinTech and in other areas, that I'd be curious to hear what your take is on sort of the established incumbent large legacy financial institutions. How do you see them adapt in order to capture value and attempt to maintain their position as well as direct access to customers?
- Let's talk more about embedded finance. How do you think that may affect wealth management, investing brokerage going forward?
- Let's talk a bit about banking as a service. Can you give us an overview of some of these banking as a service platforms and maybe an example of a non financial company? And, you know, maybe the initial offerings that they are incorporating to improve user experience for customers?
- Is Anthemis looking at virtual assets?
- What is Anthemis doing to promote diversity and underrepresentation in venture?
- I (Read more...)