Director, NYS Innovation Venture Capital Fund – Empire State Development
The Director will be integrally involved in all aspects of investment and portfolio management activities for the NYSIVC Fund, including the identification of potential investment opportunities, due diligence, and post-investment monitoring activities.
The Director will be responsible for providing support to the NYSIVC Fund’s Managing Director and senior staff in all aspects of executing the fund’s investment strategy. NYSIVC invests in start-up companies across NYS. Our focus is to foster a start-up ecosystem that creates new opportunities for diverse entrepreneurs to build and scale meaningful businesses in the state. We invest in sectors of importance to NYS including climate and energy, healthcare and life sciences, advanced manufacturing, agricultural technology and other areas of impact.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in all aspects of the investment due diligence process for fund investments including technical due diligence, market sizing and mapping, competitive market identification, financials review, and industry research
- Developing and maintaining financial models related to VC financings, investment deal and company restructurings, valuation analyses, and liquidity events
- Preparing new investment deal review and presentation materials for the NYSIVC Fund Investment Advisory Committee and the ESD Board of Directors.
- Supporting and initiating active deal flow sourcing of new investments including participating in meetings with founders and entrepreneurs, attending relevant conferences and networking events, and maintaining deal pipeline records
- Represent ESD and/or NY Ventures at conferences and meetings, make presentations and participated in panel discussions regarding building and scaling startup companies.
- Cultivate relationships with (Read more...)