Manager – Amex Ventures
The Investment Manager will be a part of the American Express Ventures team, to be based in New York, San Francisco or Palo Alto. The Amex Ventures team plays a key role in developing and executing long-term corporate strategic initiatives which contribute to American Express’ market leadership and growth. The team invests in innovative startups to accelerate American Express’ efforts in consumer commerce, B2B services and to enhance enterprise capabilities such as data analytics and security. Team members work with senior management, C-level executives and business leaders across the company to execute equity investments, both domestically and internationally. The team also initiates and executes non-organic business development and strategic initiatives.
In this exciting opportunity, the Investment Manager will be an integral part of the Ventures group with emphasis on driving strategic engagement between American Express and its portfolio companies, and will play a key role in the day-to-day, evaluation and execution of transactions including strategic rationale analysis, due diligence, valuation, structuring, and negotiations through to closing.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing investment thesis around strategic areas and conduct market and industry analysis
- Actively involved in the full lifecycle management of deal pipeline including sourcing, evaluating, transacting, and managing investments
- Proactively identifying potential investments, meeting and qualifying startups; will have extensive exposure to and be expected to develop strong relations with the venture and entrepreneurial communities
- Responsible for managing and reporting on the active pipeline
- Evaluating potential target company’s and business cases from strategic, operational and financial (Read more...)