270. Retail Apocalypse or Renaissance, the Commerce Evolution, and Fundraising from Corporates (Vincent Diallo)
This post is by Nick Moran from The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
Vincent Diallo of Interlace Ventures joins Nick to discuss Retail Apocalypse or Renaissance, the Commerce Evolution, and Fundraising from Corporates. In this episode, we cover:
Article Mentioned in Episode: http://bit.ly/TFR-Vincent
- Walk us through your background and path to VC
- What’s the thesis at Interlace?
- COVID has affected commerce severely -- for better and for worse. Has this changed your investment approach?
- Many investors are avoiding all physical retail as COVID has created a “retail apocalypse”, but you've stated that you see it more as a retail renaissance. Why?
- What are some trends from COVID that you think investors are overreacting to that you expect will return to pre-pandemic levels?
- What new consumer experiences or behaviors are emerging that you are excited about?
- You mentioned supply chain as another area of interest, where are the biggest opportunities in the supply chain?
- Biggest mistake fundraising? Biggest win fundraising?
- Oper8tor program?
- Is now a good time or a difficult time to be a diverse fund manager?