240. A Blazing Fast Path to $B+; Binary Outcomes; The Fintech Revolution; and A New Approach to Employee Comp (Henrique Dubugras)
This post is by Nick Moran from The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
Henrique Dubugras of Brex joins Nick to discuss the Blazing Fast Path to $B+; Binary Outcomes; The Fintech Revolution; and A New Approach to Employee Comp. In this episode, we cover:
- Background -- path that led to Brex?
- Origin story for Brex Tag-line / One sentence overview
- What's so different about Brex?
- Why is more than just a credit card?
- How has the pandemic affected the business thus far?
- What do you offer that no one else does?
- Who do you consider to be competition?
- What is the moat here - why can't another well funded startup replicate your offering?
- A criticism I've heard is that, when businesses need credit most, when bank balance/working capital is low, is when Brex cuts off access to credit. What's your response?
- How would you describe your leadership philosophy?
- Are you recruiting/hiring? Is the approach different while 100% remote?
- What's the compensation structure at Brex?
- One of the fastest companies to multi-billion+ valuation -- more pressure w/ all that capital?
- With the raise and expectations some suggest that the outcome is binary -- is it?
- What advice do you have for early-stage, pre-A, founders trying to build a venture scale business?
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/ for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter @TheFullRatchet for updates and more information.