239. What’s Next in Gaming; The True Essence of Product-Market-Fit; & Investing with an Emphasis on Retention and Engagement (Gigi Levy-Weiss)
This post is by Nick Moran from The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
Gigi Levy-Weiss of NFX joins Nick on a special Crisis Coverage installment to discuss What's Next in Gaming; The True Essence of Product-Market-Fit; & Investing with an Emphasis on Retention and Engagement. In this episode, we cover:
- Background and path to venture.
- The thesis and your focus at NFX?
- Did you invest in Houseparty when it was Meerkat?
- You've written about your thoughts on PMF... How do you assess whether a company has real product market fit?
- What advice would you have for those still trying to find it?
- With this focus on product and retention... What's your response to investors that say distribution is more important than product?
- Why do you think VC interest has been declining in the gaming space?
- What has been the history/evolution in the gaming sector?
- What's next for gaming -- Is there a step beyond the platform?
- Are there any niches or segments within gaming or esports where you see the most potential?
- 3 Data points:
- Let's say a gaming startup comes to you... they have 50k DAUs, K value of 1, 20 % MoM growth...
- What 3 data points do you ask for and why?
To listen more, please visit http://fullratchet.net/podcast-episodes/ for all of our other episodes.
Also, follow us on twitter @TheFullRatchet for updates and more information.