176. Creating Powerful Networks, 3 Rules for Great Products, and the Future of Mobile Tech (SC Moatti)
This post is by Nick Moran from The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
SC Moatti of Mighty Capital joins Nick to discuss Creating Powerful Networks, 3 Rules for Great Products, and the Future of Mobile Tech. In this episode, we cover:
- Backstory/ Path to becoming involved in venture?
- What led you to start Mighty Capital?
- Talk more about Products that Count, what was the origin and why?
- You successfully built a network of over 25,000 PM's and continue to lead the network... How have you built such a large network?
- We all have ever-expanding networks... do you have any guidelines or essential rules to maintaining, staying connected, and strengthening your existing network?
- In your book, you share 3 rules to create successful products. Can you give us an overview of these rules?
- You've developed products that billions of people use at Facebook, Nokia and Electronic Arts. Can you give us an example of a key product decision or change that you led?
- Portfolio companies have said that Mighty Capital brings the “best value for the dollar invested.” How, specifically, are you creating value for your portcos?
- How do you determine if a startup has reached product-market fit?
- Let's say, for example, you come across a product that, based on the metrics, has clear product-market fit, growth is accelerating and the team appears quite strong... but you have serious reservations about the product itself... maybe you question the design principles, the UX requires significant improvement, maybe it feels like it was designed by an engineer for an engineer instead of a customer... how (Read more...)