166. Techstars: What Worked, What Didn’t, What’s Next (David Cohen)
This post is by Nick Moran from The Full Ratchet: VC | Venture Capital | Angel Investors | Startup Investing | Fundraising | Crowdfunding | Pitch | Private Equity | Business Loans
David Cohen of Techstars joins Nick to discuss Techstars: What Worked, What Didn't, What's Next. In this episode, we cover:
- "What was the original vision for Techstars, when you started?
- How has that vision changed and evolved to where it is now?
- Techstars Ventures-- any concern that it sends a bad signal for those cohort companies that the fund does not invest in? What does winning look like for Techstars? How do you measure success?
- Do you measure common VC fund metrics like TVPI, DPI, IRR, etc?
- Do you compare yourself against the other top accelerators? If so, where do you excel?
- Started Techstars Anywhere in 2017, first full class in '18...
- How does one run a remote accelerator w/ the same quality of an in person one?
- I'm going to put you on the spot here-- some founders do not have a positive experience going through Techstars or other accelerators for that matter. What type of founder is the program a great fit for and what is it a poor fit for?
- I've noticed a focus both from you and Techstars on Mental health and wellness-- what are your thoughts on this area as an opportunity for startup innovation?
- How about the Cannabis industry. You’re based in Boulder-- what are your thoughts on the sector and opportunity for founders?
- Do More Faster is one of the must-have books for every founder. Super pragmatic, actionable insights. What lesson or piece of advice doesn't appear in the book that, now in (Read more...)