A friend suggested that perhaps I should start a list of things I like and explain why I like them. He thought it would be a great play on words if we called it Omakase. Omakase, for sushi fans, roughly translates into chef’s choice. So here we are – the first of these lists. Originally published on Kit.com.
- Aether Apparel Flight Pant: I travel a lot and often long distances. And as a result I want a comfortable pair of pants to relax when I am on the plane. I always change into these pants after take off. They are soft, comfortable and stylish. And they look better than sweat pants. Worth every penny.
- Lamy Aion Rollerball Pen: A perfectly balanced and amazing design make this $72 rollerball a must have for me. I find it is big enough to make it easy to use all day when scrubbing on paper. I have a fountain pen, which I don’t like as much. Buy it.
- Slim Work Tote by Bellroy: I have too many bags and a lot of folks send me their bags to try them out. I find faults with them all. This one I find is great – unisex, light weight and lot of pockets and protection. Affordable price as well. They are better for women than for men, but the quality of materials and construction is spectacular.
- Clarks Wallabee Boot: Clarks desert boots are robust and last a lifetime. I don’t like wearing them during summer, but during winter they are perfect. The leather on these ones is amazing and worth the price. Yeah, I know $240 is too much, but they will last forever.
- Black Edge by Sheelah Kolhatkar: One of the most enjoyable books I have read in a long time. You can finish it on a flight to and from East/West coasts. Beautifully paced, jargon free, artfully arranges, deeply reported and properly researched… I wish all books were this good. You won’t regret reading this.