I’ve gotten this question a couple of times since we announced that Glenn will be sitting down with me.
I don’t know Glenn’s entire colorful history, and his coming to the event is not me endorsing — or not endorsing — his positions. My goal is to have amazing conversations about the future with people who are helping shape it.
Glenn is one of those folks.
[ Click to Tweet (can edit before sending): http://ctt.ec/D41IM ]
In fact, Glenn represents tens of millions of people who live between New York, L.A., and San Francisco. Those people in the heartland want to know what the hell is going on in the technology industry that is administering every aspect of their lives.
To name just a few examples of this:
- the NSA, tech companies, the President, and their devices
- their jobs, that seem to be going away because of Amazon, self-driving cars, AI, efficiency, and robots
- income disparity
We live in a rapidly changing world, with major cities experiencing insane growth in jobs, wages and opportunity, while the middle class and the mid-sized and small cities are seemingly experiencing the opposite.
The media is playing a bigger and bigger role in our lives, and that’s the second aspect of our discussion. Topics like:
- Glenn leaving major broadcast to do a startup
- that startup having hundreds of employees and millions in revenue — and subscriptions!
- Glenn now answering to no one
- the news space as entertainment
- the degrading and upgrading standard in journalism
- how individuals can find and know the truth
- political correctness, tone policing & screaming
I was recently on Glenn’s show, sadly with a bad connection … but it was a preview of how explosive this discussion could get.
Glenn will not only be talking with me on Wednesday, March 4th at 10:00AM on the Main Stage, he will be taping episodes of his show on location with some of the speakers and thinkers at the event.
If you want to host a viewing party at your coworking space or office … well … go for it! We will tweet it for you and list it at launchfestival.com/launchx.