In this week’s podcast Jon Prial is joined by Tara Khazaei, Chief Data Scientist, National AI Team, Customer Success Unit at Microsoft. Jon and Tara talk about how domain knowledge, as well as statistical intuition, make for more successful outcomes in machine learning projects. They discuss performance through the lens of projects Tara and her team have led at Microsoft. For instance, you’ll hear about projects the Microsoft team led to improve customer service at a bank, to improve bus time departure estimates and to predict opiate overdoses. Through their conversation, you’ll hear what makes a successful AI project.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Why you need enough, high-quality data for a successful AI project
- The importance of iterating and validating your approach to achieve the best performance
- The challenges bias and explainability pose to ML projects
- Why domain knowledge is crucial for successful outcomes
- How to decide when your Continue reading “Episode 114: What Makes a Successful AI Project?”