The question is too generic, but i'll attempt an accretive answer.
In general, I'd say it's more stressful than it appears.
- Return hurdles for VCs are high and many return multiples that would make angels happy do not move the needle for VCs.
- We say ~200 NOs for every yes. This does not feel good.
- As portfolio companies increase, the workload begins to compound. Sometimes, busy periods for a few companies overlap, creating time squeezes.
On the other hand, I feel I am the luckiest person in the world for doing what I do.
- I get to work daily with people smarter than me.
- Our value creation is a step function. It allows us Continue reading "Life of a VC"